Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Amor Fati

A little lesson today. While sitting in my Theories of Personality class with Micah we talked about Amor Fati. Something I have come to live by. here is waht Wikipedia has to say about it... with some quotes!!!!

Amor fati is a Latin phrase that loosely translates to "love of fate" or "love of one's fate". It is used to describe an attitude in which one sees everything that happens in one's life, including suffering and loss, as good. That is, one feels that everything that happens is destiny's way of reaching its ultimate purpose, and so should be considered good.



~ "I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer."

~~"My formula for greatness in a human being is amor fati that one wants nothing to be different, not forward, not backward, not in all eternity. Not merely to bear what is necessary, still less conceal it--but love it."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments: